Choosing A New Supplier

Before choosing a new supplier, what other factors should I consider?

We suggest that you look at your current bill to see how much you are spending on electric generation supply, learn what your savings could be, do adequate research and do not hesitate to ask questions.​ Call us at today at 855-262-3596 and we will walk you through these steps.

Do I have to notify my utility?

No. Once you have signed up for one of our plans, we will contact your current utility for you. You will receive a notice from your utility confirming your selection with NextEra Energy Services.

What steps do I need to take to choose a new supplier?

The process is easy: 

  • Have your utility account information ready
  • Review our pricing and plans
  • Carefully read the terms and conditions for your plan
  • Call us to complete your enrollment

Are there any fees incurred when switching to NextEra Energy Services?

We do not add additional charges or fees when a business switches to our service. Some utilities may charge a fee or do a true-up when a business switches from utility service.​

Do you have green or renewable energy plans?

Yes, we can include Renewable Energy Credits to offset all or part of your energy consumption.

Customer Care

How do I contact customer service to discuss billing or other non-utility issues?

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us at 855-262-3596.

What is a kilowatt-hour (kWh) and where can I find kWh on my bill?

A kilowatt-hour is the standard unit of measure for electricity. Specifically, a kilowatt-hour is defined as the unit of energy that is expended in one hour by one kilowatt of power. The total number of kilowatt-hours charged to your bill is determined by your electricity use.​

Who should I contact if I have a question regarding the status of energy competition or licensed retail energy providers (REPs) in my market?

Each state has its own commission dedicated to overseeing its electricity market; for more information, please visit your state agency’s website. 

Washington DC: DC Public Service Commission
Delaware: Delaware Public Service Commission
Maryland: Maryland Public Service Commission
New Jersey: New Jersey Board of Public Utilities
Pennsylvania: Pennsylvania Public Utility Commission
New Hampshire: New Hampshire Public Utilities Commission

Who should I contact if I would like to file a formal complaint against my electricity or natural gas supplier?

What do I do if my power goes out?

To report a power outage or an electrical emergency, please contact your Local Distribution Company (LDC). To find your LDC’s phone number, click here.