Welcome, we would like to take this opportunity to thank you for visiting the NextEra Energy Services family of web sites. NextEra Energy Services operates through various legal entities to provide retail electricity and related services in states open to retail electric competition. Those NextEra Energy Services entities and affiliates (as they may change from time to time) are collectively referred to in this website as “NextEra Energy Services”, “we, “us” or “our”, and this website (including any other websites operated, licensed or controlled by us, as this Site or any other such websites may change from time to time) is referred to as the “Site” or the “NextEra Energy Services Site”. Information contained on this Site may refer generally to all NextEra Energy Services activities, or, as the context indicates, to specific jurisdictions or activities.
The trademarks, service marks, trade names, logos and other indications of origin displayed within the NextEra Energy Services Site are owned by NextEra Energy Services or a third party who has granted NextEra Energy Services a right to use them.
Registration and Site Security
NextEra Energy Services uses industry standard encryption technologies when transferring and receiving consumer data exchanged with the NextEra Energy Services Site. NextEra Energy Services service request forms use Secure Sockets Layer encryption technology during data transmission in an effort to protect your communication and maintain your privacy.
By using the NextEra Energy Services Site you agree to provide and maintain on our records, current and accurate personal information as indicated to you during our registration processes. If you provide any information which is inaccurate or outdated, or if we have reasonable grounds to question the truthfulness the information provided, we reserve the right to suspend or terminate your account and refuse any and all current or future use of the NextEra Energy Services Site (or any portion thereof).
You also agree to promptly notify us of any unauthorized use of your username, password, other account information or personal information, or any other breach of security that you become aware of involving or relating to any NextEra Energy Services Site. In addition, you agree to properly exit or log off from your account at the end of each session.
YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU WILL BE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY AND ALL LOSSES AND DAMAGES RESULTING FROM YOUR FAILURE TO COMPLY WITH THIS SECTION, AND THAT WE EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ALL LIABILITY FOR SUCH LOSSES OR DAMAGES.
Restrictions of Use and Ownership of Intellectual Property
All information, content and materials contained on the NextEra Energy Services Site and any intellectual property rights embodied therein are the property of NextEra Energy Services or its licensors and is protected under U.S. and International Copyright Law, trade dress laws and other applicable laws. None of the information, content or material from the NextEra Energy Services Site including, without limitation, any logo, graphic, sound or image, website design and layout or any internet site owned, operated, licensed, or controlled by us may be copied, reproduced, imitated, republished, sold, broadcast, stored, uploaded, posted, transmitted or distributed in any way without our express written permission. The use of any information, content or materials on the NextEra Energy Services Site or computer environment without our express written permission (which may be withheld for any reason) is strictly prohibited by us and by law, and may result in severe civil and criminal penalties.
The NextEra Energy Services Site is for your personal non-commercial use only, provided that you do not modify any information on the Site and you shall observe all copyright and other proprietary notices contained in the materials, or on the Site. Elements of the NextEra Energy Services Site are protected by trade dress and other laws and may not be copied or imitated, in whole or in part. No logo, graphic, sound or image from the NextEra Energy Services Site may be copied or retransmitted unless expressly permitted by NextEra Energy Services. You may not use the NextEra Energy Services Site for commercial purposes or in any way that is unlawful, or harms us or any other person or entity, as determined in our sole discretion.
We respect the intellectual property of others. If you believe that any element of the NextEra Energy Services Site is using your work in a way that constitutes copyright infringement please contact us as described below.
If via email to:
If via mail to:
NextEra Energy Services
Attn: Legal Department (Copyrights)
20455 State Highway 249
Houston, Texas 77070
Copyright notices must include the following information
- A physical or electronic signature indicating you are the copyright owner or are authorized to act on behalf of the copyright owner;
- A description of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed upon;
- A description of where the material that you claim is infringing is located on the NextEra Energy Services Site;
- Your address, telephone number, and e-mail address;
- A statement by you that you have a good-faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law;
- A statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your notice is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or authorized to act on the copyright owner's behalf.
NextEra Energy Services Site Rules
- You will not submit or transmit any information or material that: (a) is defamatory, abusive, harassing, insulting, threatening, or that could be deemed to be an invasion of another’s right to privacy; (b) is offensive; (c) is violent, vulgar, obscene, pornographic or otherwise sexually explicit; (d) is illegal or encourages or advocates illegal activity or the discussion of illegal activities with the intent to commit them; (e) infringes or violates any right of a third party or any domestic or international law, rule or regulation including, but not limited to: (i) copyright, patent, trademark, trade secret or other proprietary or contractual rights; (ii) right of privacy (specifically, you must not distribute another person's personal information of any kind without their express permission) or publicity rights; or (iii) any confidentiality obligation; or (f) does not comply with all terms and conditions applicable to Submissions.
- You will not submit or transmit any software or other computer files that contain a virus or other harmful component, or otherwise impair or damage the NextEra Energy Services Site or any connected network, or otherwise interfere with any person or entity's use or enjoyment of the NextEra Energy Services Site.
- You will not impersonate any person or entity or misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person or entity including, without limitation, using another person's username, password or other account information or personal information, or another person's name, likeness, voice, image or photograph.
- You will not delete any legal notices, disclaimers or proprietary notices such as copyright or trademark symbols, or modify any logos that you do not own or have express permission to modify.
- You will not engage in (or attempt to engage in) any type of criminal activity within the NextEra Energy Services Site.
To the extent that any feature on a NextEra Energy Services Site requires you to submit your e-mail address in order to send an e-mail or message, you must, and you hereby agree to, furnish your actual e-mail address, as applicable.
Any business use, “re-mailing,” or other high-volume application is strictly prohibited. You are not permitted to send e-mails or messages using an automated program. E-mails and mobile messages may not contain inappropriate language or images or copyrighted material (without the consent of the copyright holder) or encourage illegal activity. We reserve the right not to deliver e-mails messages that violate these guidelines.
Submissions to the NextEra Energy Services Site
While we welcome comments and suggestions from our customers, unfortunately it is NextEra Energy Services’ policy not to accept or consider unsolicited suggestions, ideas, or materials. The purpose of this NextEra Energy Services policy is to avoid the possibility of misunderstandings when projects developed by NextEra Energy Services may seem to others to be a product of their own creative work. We emphasize, please do not send us any unsolicited materials including, but not limited to, pitches, ideas, concepts, suggestions, photographs, drawings, videos, audiovisual works, and/or other similar materials (collectively, “Unsolicited Materials”).
You agree that any Unsolicited Materials you submit are not being provided in confidence or trust and that no confidential or fiduciary relationship is intended or created between you and NextEra Energy Services in any way. To the extent any “moral rights,” “ancillary rights,” or similar rights in or to the Unsolicited Materials exist and are not exclusively owned by NextEra Energy Services, you agree not to enforce any such rights against NextEra Energy Services or our licensees, distributors, agents, representatives and other authorized users.
Third Party Sites
We make no representations concerning the content of sites listed in any of our directories. Consequently, we cannot be held responsible for the accuracy, relevancy, copyright compliance, legality, or decency of material contained in sites listed in our search results or otherwise linked to a NextEra Energy Services Site. However, if you believe that a third party site accessed from the NextEra Energy Services Site is using your work in a way that constitutes copyright infringement please contact us as described in the “Restrictions of Use and Ownership of Intellectual Property” section above.
Safe Harbor Statement Under the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995
The statements contained in this Site, which are not historical facts, may be deemed to contain forward-looking statements, including, but not limited to, deployment, scalability and integration of the NextEra Energy Services network in new and existing markets and the timing and breadth of coverage in each market. Actual results may differ materially from those anticipated in any forward-looking statements as a result of certain risks and uncertainties, including, without limitation, the NextEra Energy Services dependence on strategic third parties to market and resell its services, intense competition for service offerings, dependence on growth in demand for electrical services, availability of electrical services space, ability to manage and scale operations, and other risks and uncertainties detailed in the Company's Securities and Exchange Commission filings. NextEra Energy Services disclaims any obligation to update information contained in any forward-looking statement.
Disclaimer; Limitation of Liability
Governing Law, Jurisdiction and Venue
Although we use reasonable efforts to keep the NextEra Energy Services Site accurate and up to date, it may contain typographical and display errors, inaccuracies or omissions and may not be complete or current. NEXTERA ENERGY SERVICES SHALL HAVE NO LIABILITY OR RESPONSIBILITY FOR SUCH ERRORS, INACCURACIES OR OMISSIONS, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO AS THEY MAY RELATE TO PRICING AND TERMS.
WE RESERVE THE RIGHT TO CORRECT ERRORS ON THE SITE, TO CHANGE OR UPDATE THE SITE WITHOUT NOTICE, AND TO CANCEL OR REFUSE TO ACCEPT ANY ENROLLMENT PLACED THROUGH THE SITE BASED ON INCORRECT PRICING, TERMS OR OTHER INFORMATION AT ANY TIME, INCLUDING AFTER YOUR RECEIPT OF AN ENROLLMENT CONFIRMATION.
WE RESERVE THE RIGHT TO MODIFY OR CHANGE THE NEXTERA ENERGY SERVICES SITE INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ANY OF THE CONTENT, INFORMATION OR MATERIALS APPEARING ON OR AVAILABLE THROUGH THE NEXTERA ENERGY SERVICES SITE FOR ANY REASON WHATSOEVER AND WITHOUT PRIOR NOTICE TO YOU.
NextEra Energy Services
Attn: Customer Service
20455 State Highway 249
Houston, Texas 77070
We have adopted and implemented a policy that provides for the termination, in appropriate circumstances, of users who are repeat infringers of copyright.
Last updated April 15, 2015